WhatsApp has added a Fingerprint feature that allows users to unlock the app with their fingerprint without the need for any third party application. This feature has made Whatsapp usage more fun.
As soon as the fingerprint authentication is turned on, the widget content will be hidden by default. But users can answer WhatsApp calls and reply to message from notifications upon authentication.
This feature is however disabled by default but ghreporter.com brings you the process to follow in order to enable this feature.
Please note that your phone should support Fingerprint authentication.
How to Setup WhatsApp Fingerprint Authentication for Android
- Launch WhatsApp and go to Settings(three dots found at the top right corner)> Account > Privacy
- You will find a new option called ‘Fingerprint lock‘ under ‘Privacy‘
- Turn on ‘ Unlock with Fingerprint‘ option to enable the feature.
- Confirm the selection by touching the fingerprint sensor.
- WhatsApp gets Fingerprint Authentication feature
Choose any of these three(3) options:
- Immediately to apply immediately
- After 1 minute to apply after 1 minute
- After 30 minutes to apply after 30 minutes
Note: WhatsApp is gradually rolling out the Fingerprint ID authentication feature for beta testers on Android, it will be soon be available shortly to all.